"When we read, we start at the beginning and continue until we reach the end. When we write, we start in the middle and fight our way out." - Vickie Karp
Sunday, 17 February 2013
what I've been up to when not at the bookshop...
1. Giggling at this.
2. Reading wonderful books by this publisher.
3. Writing my novel. A lot. I still have The Fear, but it is no longer owning me. Thank you, Mr. Kaufman. (The novel, in case you were wondering, is dystopian. It's about a group of women. That's all you're getting for now.)
4. Getting excited about it being lighter in the mornings - hurrah!
5. Getting ready to go to Paris next week - double hurrah! We've been once before, and very excited to be going back.
6. Trying (and often failing) to write a poem a day this month with my lovely pal Bri and some other fabulous American poets.
7. Eating far too many Malteser MaltEaster Bunnies. Yes, I know it's February. Shhh.
8. Getting freaked out by Black Mirror.
9. Preparing for the launch of More Weird Things..., which is two months away. Hurrah! You can take a look at the events I'm doing over here.
10. Having fun on Tumblr.
11. Going to bed. Goodnight! x
Jen Campbell is the author of the best-selling 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' series. She's also an award-winning poet and short story writer. Her poetry collection 'The Hungry Ghost Festival' is published by The Rialto, and she lives in London, where she works at an antiquarian bookshop. Her new book, 'The Bookshop Book' is forthcoming autumn 2014.