Friday, 31 August 2012

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops.... THE SEQUEL!


Hurray! I'm now allowed to tell you all that I'm writing a sequel to 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' called... *drum roll* 'More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops.' Oh yes! It will be published near year, and will include quotes such as these...


Customer (holding up a book): What’s this? The Secret Garden? Well, it’s not so secret now, is it, since they bloody well wrote a book about it!

--

Customer: I had such a crush on Captain Hook when I was younger. Do you think this means I have unresolved issues?

--

Customer: Pride and Prejudice was published a long time ago, right?
Bookseller: Yep. 
Customer: I thought so. Colin Firth’s looking really good for his age, then.  


The lovely Brothers McLeod will be illustrating the book again, which I'm very happy about indeed.

Booksellers - I'll be calling on you soon for quotes to go into a 'Weird Things Customers Say in Other Bookshops,' section, and we'd also love to hear from librarians, too. I've had so much fun chatting to booksellers all over the world about 'Weird Things...' and their own encounters, and I'm thrilled that there's going to be a sequel. 

Thank you, all of you, for supporting this blog, and buying the first 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' book; I couldn't have done this without you. x

8 comments:

  1. The mind boggles Jen. No wonder books sell far better outside the UK if these idiots are anything to go by - good grief! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but at the same time, Jack, we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I better reserve my copy now, at Amazon. Just kidding, from my local bookshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you've made my night. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purr - that solves a few more purresent purroblems!
    Seriously, it is great news!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)